2023 Altitude Awards
Mar 18 | 9:00 am – Jun 4 | 10:00 pm America/Los_Angeles
Women In Media is pleased to announce The 2023 Altitude Awards. We are excited to celebrate women and gender non-conforming Women In Media members who exemplify the art and craft of workflow in camera, lighting, and post production/new tech. The Altitude awards are open to cinematographers, camera operators, gaffers, colorists, editors, and VFX/new tech. We are thrilled to honor the technical and artistic achievements of creatives who are making meaningful, well-crafted stories in the camera and post production arts.
Not only are participants eligible to win prizes, but there will be a ceremony and special events for applicants. Additionally, our esteemed judges will be reviewing your work and your CrewList Profile. We can’t promise you an opportunity, but we can get you in front of the right people.
Applicants will be given complimentary tickets to Altitude Awards Events
Birns and Sawyer 3 Day Camera rental package + filtration consultation with the Director of Optics (value $5,000)
Small HD OLED 22″ 4K Reference Monitor, valued at $9,999.00
Dell mobile workstations
Filmcraft Cutomizable Director Chairs (retail value $310 each)
March 18 – March 28 Early Bird submission: $30.00
March 29 – April 15 Regular submission: $50.00
April 16 – May 1 Late submission: $75.00
May 2nd – May 15th Extended submission: $100
Winners to be announced during Cinegear which takes place June 1 – 4, 2022
Be sure to register your free pass to Cinegear now!
All applicants are invited to our WriterDuet and ReadThrough Virtual event on April 22.
Rachel Raimist, Director Sex/Life, Wu Tang: An American Saga, The Sex Lives of College Girls
Lawrence Sher, ASC Cinematographer The Joker, The Hangover, Black Adam
Alan Caso, ASC Cinematographer Why Women Kill, Six Feet Under, Dexter
Lauren Paul, VP of Sales & Marketing, Lux Machina Consulting | NEP Virtual Studios House of the Dragon, Black Adam, Masters of the Air (upcoming release)
Jesse Averna, Editor Sesame Street, The Boys Presents: Diabolical, Johnny and The Sprites
Ana Amortegui, Cinematographer Quantum Leap, Resident Alien, Black Lightning
Shanele Alvarez, Camera Operator All Rise, The Rookie, Dancing With The Stars
Michelle Crenshaw, Cinematographer/Camera Operator The Watermelon Woman, Friday, Home Alone
Brigitte Bourque, VFX Supervisor/Composite Supervisor 9-1-1 Lonestar, Planet of the Apes, The Walking Dead
Idit Dvir, Writer and Educator at Howard University
Cristin Pescosolido, VFX Supervisor/Compositor Marvelous Mrs. Maisel, The 300, Vanilla Sky, Titanic
More To Be Announced
How To Participate
To apply, Women In Media Pro and Student members should submit examples that give the judges a view of their body of work through their WiM CrewList profile and the application. There is a non refundable submission fee below.
* Entrant must be a Women In Media Pro or Student Member. To join, please apply here: https://womennmedia.com/join/
* Entrants must submit a published WiM CrewList Profile.
* Entrants may submit optional vimeo links and passwords for up to 3 projects, commercials, music videos, or scenes – we are open to looking at work that showcases your talent. Please write the name of each project(s) and specify your crew position on the project(s).
* Entrants must sign the Parity In Action Pledge.
* Entrant must be a cinematographer, gaffer, camera operator, editor, colorist, or in VFX/New Media with a body of work in one or more of those roles to qualify.
* There is a nominal non-refundable fee to enter and have your work reviewed.
* If you are applying for the Camera Track as well as Post/VFX Track, you must apply for them separately and pay the entry fee for both submissions.
* Submission must be of Entrant’s work. Entrant’s credit must be clear for each project submitted on the form and in their CrewList profile. Here are CrewList best practices.
* There is a one-time top prize winner maximum. Entrants who have already been an Altitude Awards top prize winner will not qualify. Anyone previously recognized as an semi-finalist or finalist will qualify.
* Entry must be completed in its entirety. Missing information or failure to submit the submission fee may result in disqualification.
If you have questions, please contact hello@WomenNMedia.com
More about this year’s awards can be seen here.
Last year’s awards and award winners can be seen here.
Photo by Ashly Covington