Submissions open August 3rd for WiM Writers Group Members, August 17th for all VIP & Student Members
The CAMERAderie Initiative is a platform for the emerging voices, creative talents, and untapped potential of women, women-identifying, and gender non-conforming filmmakers. Women in Media is launching its second CAMERAderie Initiative with Women In Media’s CAMERAderie: Act One, a short form screenplay competition for 2020/21. Women in Media VIP and Student Members of all experience levels are invited to participate. Through Women In Media’s CAMERAderie: Act One, our community will have the opportunity to gain experience and support through networking, mentorship, and professional development, including online classes, a comprehensive weekend workshop, and celebrity table readings.
Women In Media’s CAMERAderie: Act One will have multiple rounds of competition, including a Semi-finalist and a Finalist round.
This year, the Initiative will be taking a special interest in projects that can be produced within the types of limitations that have resulted from the pandemic—in other words, compelling stories that can be produced at one location with 1 or 2 cast members and a limited crew.
Join us on July 25th For CAMERAderie: Act One ~ Developing The Short
Submissions will be accepted during the following windows:
Early (Official WiM Writers Group Members only)
Aug 3 – Aug 16
$10.00 per script
Aug 17 – Sep 6
$15.00 per script
Sep 7 – Sep 13
$20.00 per script
Learn more about WiM Writers Groups here: https://womennmedia.com/wim-writers-group/
Women In Media’s CAMERAderie: Act One will accept script submissions for short narrative films and short-form pilots between August 3 – September 9, 2020. Only Women in Media VIP or Student Members in good standing with a WiM Crew Profile will be eligible to participate. Apply here. Note: Membership review may take up to 2 weeks.
Women in Media Writers Group Members will enjoy early submission access and special pricing from August 3 – August 16, 2020. If you have not yet joined one of our Writers Groups, get on the list to join!
Apply For Membership
If you are not a VIP or Student Member, there is still time to apply and participate in the Women In Media’s CAMERAderie: Act One Initiative along with many other benefits of a Women in Media annual membership. Apply here
The Judges Panel is comprised of over 20 professional filmmakers, educators, and feature and television screenwriters from across the country. When evaluating submissions, the Judges Panel will focus on the following criteria: story, originality, protagonist, dialogue and producibility.
Semi-Finalists will be notified by Women in Media on October 6, 2020. All Semi-Finalists will be required to attend a virtual 2-day Seminar over the weekend of October 24 – 25, 2020 as well as a virtual meeting with WiM Executives & Select Mentors. Following the seminar and meeting, Semi-Finalists will be expected to rewrite/polish their scripts for resubmission by October 31, 2020 for a final round of review by the Final Judges Panel.
Finalists will be notified by Women in Media on November 6, 2020. Finalist winners will hear their scripts read aloud by a Celebrity Cast at a Virtual WiM Hosted Table Read on or around November 14, 2020. Finalist Scripts are eligible for consideration in future CAMERAderie Productions.
CAMERAderie: Act One RULES
- Submissions must be accompanied by the appropriate nominal admission fee.
- Submission must be uploaded by 11:59 PM (Pacific) on the date of the appropriate deadline.
- Submissions must be in PDF format.
- Submissions without a log line on the application forms will be automatically disqualified.
- Scripts must not include any identifying information on the title page or any other page of the script (do not include the author’s name, address, phone number, email).
- Scripts must be in English and narrative in nature.
- Scripts must follow industry-standard formatting.
- Scripts must no more than ten pages—excluding the Title Page.
- Scripts must be written and solely owned by the Entrant as the Sole Author.
- Scripts must consist of only original work. No adaptations or work based in whole or in part on prior IP – fiction or non-fiction, published or unpublished, produced or unproduced. Exceptions: Entrant’s own fictional writing or own life story.
- Scripts must be final. Scripts may not be resubmitted at any time during the submission windows.
- Scripts must be capable of being shot within 2 or 3 days, with no more than 8 speaking roles and no more than 4 locations.
- Scripts that do not follow the Rules as set forth will be automatically disqualified.
- Entrants must be 18 years or older at the time of entry.
- Entrants may submit up to two different scripts, provided that each script is separately submitted and accompanied by the appropriate admission fee.
- Entrants must be WiM VIP or Student Members in good standing and must have a WiM crew list profile. Apply here.
- Entrants must sign the Parity In Action Pledge.
- Semi-Finalists may be required to participate in an in-person or virtual interview.
- Semi-Finalists must participate in a 2-day Virtual Seminar Weekend hosted and led by industry professionals on October 24 – 25, 2020 as well as a virtual meeting with WiM Executives & Select Mentors.
- Finalists will be referred to mentor(s) whenever possible.
- Finalists will be required to participate in a Virtual or In-person table read on or about November 14, 2020.
- Finalists will be required to sign our CAMERAderie: Act One Agreement.
- Finalists will have rights in the finished project, and should the project be produced, WiM will receive on-screen logo placement and a thank you in the end credits.
- WiM reserves the right to record any and all events surrounding CAMERAderie: Act One. WiM owns any and all recordings and may use the recorded content for promotional purposes, and in its presentations. Table read content may be used only by WiM (for confidentiality purposes) in accordance with union rules and regulations.
- Entrant’s participation in CAMERAderie: Act One automatically gives WiM the option to produce any Finalist projects within the six (6) month period following its published status as a Finalists. All Entrants with Finalist projects must sign an Option Agreement.
- All submissions and payments are final.
Any questions? Please email us info@womenNmedia.com
Thank you for Supporting Women In Media’s CAMERAderie Initiative!
If you or your company would like to come on board as a Sponsor please contact us.